- This event has passed.
10:30am Master/Intermediate Agility Skills w/Anne
August 23, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Sunday, repeating until August 23, 2020
10:30am Master/Intermediate Agility Skills:
The focus of this class is to train a clear understanding of performance and build your dog’s confidence on the obstacles, and reinforce the rewards you will use in class. Plan on rewarding your dog frequently during the sequences to improve their understanding of the game.
Class arrival time: 10:15am
Dates for the 5-class session – please note these on your calendar:
July 12, 26 * August 2, 9, 23
In the event that a class is canceled, the make-up date is August 30th
Cost per dog per class: $20/GVDC members, $25/non-GVDC members (please bring cash or a check to the park)
Enrollment for these classes opens at 8:00am on Saturday, July 4th.
*GVDC Membership Information: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/about/
*All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/practices/
*Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to “GVDC”
*Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs will be asked to leave
Our Class Policies and Protocols have changed due to the COVID-19 situation, Please Read All of the Information Below Carefully.
1) Anne’s Sunday Agility classes will be limited to 6 working teams per class, maximum.
2) One person per enrolled dog, unfortunately no spectators or family members allowed at this time.
3) You must bring/wear a mask and gloves while at the park for during set-up of your things and the equipment
4) Masks/gloves must be worn during set-up/take down, masks need to be worn during course walk-throughs
5) Crates/Ex-Pens are required, set-ups are required to be 10 feet apart, minimum
6) Please bring hand wipes, sanitizer, and dog poop bags for your use while at the park
7) Please do not attend GVDC classes/events if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any signs of COVID-19
I normally have people enroll and pay for the full class session. Due to the nature of the current situation, classes will be paid for one at a time on the day you attend class. Please bring cash with you to the park each class date, or a check made out to GVDC.
*Per GVDC club policy, dogs in Agility classes must not be aggressive towards other dogs or people, and under control of their handler at all times.*
For all Agility Classes, please bring with you each week:
**See above for additional details on what to bring to class in response to the current COVID-19 crisis.**
Your dog on a flat buckle collar or front-clip harness. Bring a variety of delicious meaty treats for your dog, water and a bowl, a chair for yourself, shade for your dog, clicker, 4 or 6 foot leash (no flexi’s please), and ideally a crate or pen for your dog. Please bring a toy or two that your dog really enjoys, to use as a reward throughout the class.
For a dog that is not yet motivated by toys or for a pup that needs some cool new ones, please look at the treat pouches lined with bunny fur and fleece and other creations, made by our own Linda Keating. Linda is often at classes and can be reached via email at email@example.com , and you may be able to purchase from her at Girsh Park: http://kibatoys.com/main.sc