- This event has passed.
1:30pm Sunday Beginner-Novice Agility w/Anne – Makeup Class
December 6, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
This is one more class of this session due to the day that was too windy to have classes. So our final class of this current session will be held on Sunday, December 6th.
1:30pm: Intro To Agility – Beginner/Novice
This class is for dogs and handlers new to the fun sport of agility, and have completed the Intro to Agility class. We will continue to work the obstacles individually, making sure that your dogs feel confident on the equipment and have the correct performance. The main goal for this class is to have a fun hour with our dogs, reviewing the basics of novice-level agility and setting the stage for future learning.
Class arrival time: 1:20pm
Our Class Policies and Protocols have changed due to the COVID-19 situation, Please Read All of the Information Below Carefully.
1) Anne’s Sunday Agility classes will be limited to 7 working teams per class.
2) One person per enrolled dog, unfortunately no spectators or additional family members allowed at this time.
3) You must bring/wear a mask and gloves while at the park during set-up of your things and the equipment
4) Masks/gloves must be worn during set-up/take down, masks need to be worn during course walk-throughs
5) Crates/Ex-Pens are required, set-ups are required to be 10 feet apart, minimum
6) Please bring hand wipes, sanitizer, and dog poop bags for your use while at the park
7) Please do not attend GVDC classes/events if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any signs of COVID-19
*GVDC Membership Information: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/about/
*All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/practices/
*Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to “GVDC”
*Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs will be asked to leave
For all Agility Classes, please bring with you each week:
**See above for additional details on what to bring to class in response to the current COVID-19 crisis.**
Your dog on a flat buckle collar or front-clip harness, no metal or chain collars, please. Bring a variety of delicious meaty treats for your dog, water and a bowl, a chair for yourself, shade for your dog, clicker (optional), 4 or 6 foot leash (no flexi’s please), and ideally a crate or pen for your dog. Please bring a toy or two that your dog really enjoys, to use as a reward throughout the class.
*Per GVDC club policy, dogs in Agility classes must not be aggressive towards other dogs or people, and under control of their handler at all times.*
For a dog that is not yet motivated by toys or for a pup that needs some cool new ones, please look at the treat pouches lined with bunny fur and fleece and other creations, made by our own Linda Keating. Linda is often at classes and can be reached via email at email@example.com , and you may be able to purchase from her at Girsh Park: http://kibatoys.com/main.sc