- This event has passed.
2:45pm: Intro To Agility w/Anne
October 18 @ 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:45 pm on Sunday, repeating until November 22, 2020
2:45pm: Intro To Agility:
This class is for dogs and handlers brand new to the fun sport of agility. We will introduce the obstacles individually, taking time to teach dogs and their owners how to perform each piece of equipment. Additional skills emphasized in this class: various agility foundation exercises, encouraging the frequent use of rewards and reinforcers for the dogs, teaching a start-line stay, learning how to train cues to help the dogs understand what we are asking of them, and to introduce short sequences and handling. The main goal for this class is to have a fun hour with our dogs, teaching the basics of the great sport of agility and setting the stage for future learning. Homework exercises will be given at the end of each class, to encourage practice in between Sunday classes.
Class arrival time: 2:30pm
Anne’s Sunday Agility Class Information:
Dates for the 5-class session – please note these on your calendar:
October 18, 25 * November 8, 15, 22
In the event that a class is canceled, the make-up date is December 6th
Cost per dog for the session: $100/GVDC members, $125/non-GVDC members (please bring cash or a check to the park)
Our Class Policies and Protocols have changed due to the COVID-19 situation, Please Read All of the Information Below Carefully.
1) Anne’s Sunday Agility classes will be limited to 7 working teams per class, maximum.
2) One person per enrolled dog, unfortunately no spectators or family members allowed at this time.
3) You must bring/wear a mask and gloves while at the park for during set-up of your things and the equipment
4) Masks/gloves must be worn during set-up/take down, masks need to be worn during course walk-throughs
5) Crates/Ex-Pens are required, set-ups are required to be 10 feet apart, minimum
6) Please bring hand wipes, sanitizer, and dog poop bags for your use while at the park
7) Please do not attend GVDC classes/events if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any signs of COVID-19
*GVDC Membership Information: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/about/
*All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco: https://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/practices/
*Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to “GVDC”
*Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs will be asked to leave