- This event has passed.
Intro to Agility II with Anne, 4 of 5
July 15, 2012 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$75 – $100
General Information for Sunday classes:
- Class sessions are 5 weeks long, one-hour per class
- Cost of the session is $75/GVDC members and $100/non-members
- GVDC Membership Information:
- All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco
- Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to GVDC
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time to walk your dog and set up your area
Sunday Class Dates, please make a note on your calendars (the gaps in class dates are due to holidays, agility trials etc).
June 17, 24
July 8, 15, 29
1:00pm: Introduction To Agility II
This class is for dogs and handlers new to the fun sport of agility and have attended a previous session of Intro to Agility. We will build on the skills learned in the first session of Intro to Agility, run longer sequences of obstacles, and improve our dogs’ understanding and performance of specific obstacles such as the weave poles and contact obstacles. Additional skills emphasized in this class: various agility foundation exercises, encouraging the frequent use of rewards and reinforcers for the dogs, reinforcing a start-line stay, learning how to train cues to help the dogs understand what we are asking of them, to teach the dogs to have a more independent performance on the obstacles. The main goal for this class is to have a fun hour with our dogs, teaching the basics of the great sport of agility and setting the stage for future learning.