- This event has passed.
Novice Agility with Anne, 2 of 5
June 24, 2012 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm$75 – $100
General Information for Sunday classes:
- Class sessions are 5 weeks long, one-hour per class
- Cost of the session is $75/GVDC members and $100/non-members
- GVDC Membership Information:
- All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco
- Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to GVDC
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time to walk your dog and set up your area
Sunday Class Dates, please make a note on your calendars (the gaps in class dates are due to holidays, agility trials etc).
June 17, 24
July 8, 15, 29
11:45am: Novice Agility Class
Teams in this class have completed a session of Introduction to Agility, the dog has seen/worked all of the obstacles. The focus of this class is to train a clear understanding of performance and build your dog’s confidence on the obstacles, and reinforce the rewards you will use in class. We will do short sequences in this class as well as work obstacles one at a time, to improve the dog’s understanding and performance. Handlers will also work on front and rear crosses in sequences. Dogs will learn a start-line stay to allow the handler to lead out. We will also begin to train weave entries and contact obstacle criteria. The goals for this class: 1) Dog and handler are having fun, dogs are rewarded frequently throughout the lessons 2) Dogs become comfortable with all of the agility equipment, and learn to read the handler’s cues 3) Handlers start to sequence together obstacles , learn when crosses are needed and which ones to use, and encourage dogs with the use of praise and reinforcement.