- This event has passed.
Santa Barbara Humane Society Demo
May 2, 2010 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
May 2, 2010
All members are welcome! The SBHS really counts on us being there and showing the crowd what agility dogs can do! The demo this year will include a short little course with 6-8 jumps, a tunnel, the chute, choice of 6 or 12 weaves and the teeter. Please let Barbara know email@example.com if you will be joining us. The Humane Society website has us as top billing! Here’s a link to the site: http://sbhumanesociety.org/
- Please arrive around 12:45 to set up your dogs and help with equipment if needed
- First demo is at 1:30. Second one is at 2:15
- Parking for our group is behind the education building. Address: 5399 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara. Walk through the lobby of the building to the grass area in front
- I will be announcing each dog and would like to have some material! So please send me a short blurb about your dogs that I can share with the audience while you are running
- Handlers must be GVDC members to participate and wear a club tee or sweat shirt. Let me know if you need a Tshirt!
- This is a nice event for our novice dogs, so for members who have been through at least one intro agility series of classes (6 classes) with Scott, please join us!
- Please bring water and a bowl for your dog. You will also need to crate or keep your dog in an ex-pen when not running the course.
- There is some shade, but you may want to bring an umbrella if shady spots on the porch are taken. The crating area is small so no room for EZ Ups.
- If needed, you may run your dog on leash. Experienced dogs should run naked.
- Remember demos are for fun…this is our opportunity to shine and show the community in which we live how great dog sports really are! We recommend bringing: dog treats, human water & snacks, a slip leash (makes it so nice for quick in and out of rings, etc.)